8/18/2008

Army Wives

This summer while Ben and I were in Charleston, I had a chance to be an extra on the show, Army Wives. It consisted of really early mornings and some long days, but it was sooo much fun! I would do it again in a heartbeat. I was able to meet some really cool people who worked on the show, as well as some of the actors. For one scene that I was dressed as a soldier, I had to get my hair cut so I could wear it down. The hair stylist took me to the hair trailer and Wendy Davis, who plays Joan (an African American female Colonel) was sitting right beside me and talked to me and everything. It was crazy!!!
Last night, an episode that I worked on aired! I watched the whole thing to see myself for about 5 seconds, but I am there on TV!!! If you go to Lifetime's website http://www.mylifetime.com/on-tv/shows/army-wives, they have the previous episodes online that you can watch. It is episode 11, and I am not sure which segment it is, but it is the car wash scene. I am shown at the very beginning of the scene holding a car wash sign walking in front of the camera. I am only there for like 5 seconds, so you have to look closely!
I also have a picture with one of the main actor's, Drew Fuller, but my friend hasn't emailed it to me yet. I am dressed as a soldier in that picture, and those outfits are the most unflattering things EVER! Whenever my friend sends it to me (hopefully he will) I'll post it so y'all can see. I wish I was still in Charleston, so I could do it some more, but alas, here I am in Chapel Hill...
Hope y'all are doing great! Much Love~ Kristin and Ben :)

2 comments:

Methodical Wormer said...

What a fun thing to do! Did you have to get a lot taken off of your hair??

Sorry I had to delete your comment. I want to remain anonymous on my blog but I really appreciated your comment!

Anonymous said...

Kristin, I had no clue you had a blog! Thanks for commenting on mine so that I know that you have one :) That is so awesome about being an extra. I have a friend who is obsessed with the show, so her and I will watch the episode together and look for you! Things are wonderful with us and classes start for Adam thius Thursday. I am very excited and nervous for him all at the same time, but I am definitely glad the time is here.