1/21/2014

Since my computer is out...

I have been meaning to write these in my journal, but I can type quicker and time is short.

The other night Annabelle came in our room in the middle of the night, which happens pretty often. She came in and I said, "Annabelle, what are you doing?"
She responded, "I want to lay in here with you."
I respond, "Why do you want to lay in here with me? Go to your room."
And she then proceeded to get in bed with me. A few minutes later she says, "I want some water."
"No, go to your room if you want some water. Be quiet. Go to sleep!"
That made her be quiet for a little bit until she tries to lay on my pillow and I pull it away from her. She says, "Share, Mom."
"No, this is my pillow. Go to your room if you want a pillow."
So she lays there for a little bit and I hear her get up and walk to the kitchen and then to her room and then back to my room. She then hands me a new bottle of water and says, "Here, Mom. I got some water for you." Then she drinks the rest of her bottle she got from her room and hands the empty bottle to me, and then situates her pillow she also brought from her room and goes to sleep.
She cracks me up and amazes me and drives me crazy all at the same time! She is so sweet. I was just irritated, but she was thinking of me and went out of her way to walk to the kitchen to then bring me a bottle of water. It is so true that we can learn so much from kids. They are great!
It also amazes me that Ben can sleep through all of this and not move one inch! How do Dads have that ability?

This also happened recently. It was bed time and I told her to go brush her teeth. She responds while walking around the house with, "Mom, you are always telling me what to do. Brush your teeth. Wash your hands. Flush the toilet. Play with your sister. Get your pjs. Clean your room. You are telling me what to do."
Trying to control my laughter and telling Ben to be quiet as he is laughing, "Yes, that's right. I am your Mom. I will always tell you what to do."
I seriously had to lean on the counter because I was laughing so hard! It was hilarious! Sometimes I am positive she is actually 13 instead of 3. Only time will tell how big her sassiness will become!

She definitely keeps me on my toes. Ben and I asked her the other day what love is, and she responded, "Hugs and kisses!" She always gives the best hugs and kisses, and there are lots of random "Mom, I love you so much!" or "Mom, I want to hold you!" Like I said, she drives me crazy but also makes me smile!

No comments: