4/13/2011

First stomach bug

After a super fun weekend in NC with friends celebrating birthdays and catching up, Monday morning Annabelle woke up with vomit all over herself. I thought it was because she might have eaten too much when I nursed her at 5am. After being thrown up on about 7 times during the day, I'm pretty sure it wasn't because she ate too much that morning. She was soooo pitiful! I mean break your heart want to take away every uncomfortable feeling away pitiful! I hate it! Thankfully it looks like it was just a 24 hour bug because she was fine on Tuesday. But today she woke up with a fever and has had one all day! There is nothing I hate worse than a sick baby! It's miserable for everyone involved. I'm just praying she wakes up bright-eyed and bushy-tailed tomorrow morning! I want my happy, fast crawling baby back! I don't think I can handle another day in the rocking chair. I am hoping it is just teething. We've seen one tooth trying to come in and she keeps chewing and sucking on her fingers, which is odd for her. Yay for more teeth! She is so sweet and I just want her to feel well! She is ten and a half months old now. It's crazy to think that in just 6 weeks she will be a year old! She isn't a little baby anymore. It makes me sad! I certainly do not want to go back to the newborn days, but I just can't believe she is getting so big! She is super smart and I'm not really sure how she figures things out because I don't tell her or show her...she just does it. She LOVES standing up. As soon as I sit her down, she is crawling to the closest object she can pull up on so she can stand. And she is really good about squatting down to pick up something if she has dropped it. She constantly has something in both hands trying to crawl around. It is pretty funny to watch. Very recently, she was slowly "cruising" along the chair and couch. I have a feeling she'll be walking in no time. yikes!!! I'm planning her 1st birthday party which is kind of stressful! I think we are going to have it at the zoo here in Columbia. There is a picnic area where we can have cake, ice cream and presents and then of course the zoo has all kinds of activities! We'll see. I'm not set on it, but I think it is our number one option right now. I guess I should decide pretty quickly.

No comments: